Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fashionable rainy night

This week I was working on being more fashionable, among other things.  I have been wanting these LLBean riding boots since my friend Jackie told me about them.  Well thanks, LLBean, for discontinuing them once I could afford them :)  What makes these Deerfield Tall riding boots so special, you ask?  Well, let's be honest; I have beefy calves (and I don't mean the kind that will make nice steaks).  LLBean makes a boot with a wider shaft for just that: beefy calves (only available in their wide size, obviously).  Do you know how hard it is to find 10W when you have to call every outlet store?  I even tried NH...they didn't know what I was talking about. Awesome.  So I bought 10M hoping that I can stretch them.  I also bought $30 jeans (which I never do) from Old Navy; Glamour magazine said they were great for all shapes and sizes.  I kind of agree :)  I also got a bohemian shirt at full price (WHAT AM I THINKING??) and to counter these excellent purchases, I got 2 pairs of discounted TALL pants because I'm tired of my students making fun of my short pants.  I have long legs, surprisingly.
 So there is the new outfit.  And I wore 2/3rds of it to dinner last night, AT A NEW RESTAURANT!!  The Corner Room had a Living Social deal - Becky and I both got one, and we used Becky's last night with some other friends.  Delicious! Everyone was happy, and we rolled out pretty stuffed.  We did hang around a little bit, due to the torrential downpour and thunderstorm.  No need to look like a drowned bohemian :)  So there it is, a tiny update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment