Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good start!

So yesterday was my 29th birthday, and I set some goals for myself to focus on over the next year.  I'm hoping I will stay motivated, because obviously people from around the world will read this blog and respond with kind words and lots of inspiration.  We will laugh and cry, and then laugh some more; or maybe I'll just write this blog to give myself another thing to do...  who can say, really?

So yesterday was my first day, and I went to TWO new restaurants!!  I had a Groupon for the Farmer's Table ($25 for $50 worth of food/drink), so it was time to consume it!  Cait and I had the Bang Island Mussels, obviously.  Becky (roommate) had a salad from Laughing Stock farm, and other Becky (not roommate) had the spaghetti.  The mussels were fantastic; really super yummy with great broth for dipping the complementary bread.  Everyone seemed satisfied!  The bill was managable with a Groupon to offset it :)

My second First was Ginko Blue, the new jazz club on the corner of Middle (across from Harbor Hotel).  Though the waitstaff is dressed for New Year's Eve (so Catherine deems it), the patrons seemed less dressy - myself included.  The jazz was super, the seating was somewhat scarce, and specialty drinks were too expensive for my public education paycheck.  It was certainly a classy venue, and the doormen were sharp!

Today I had a jump start on my volunteer hours!  I photographed the Kennebunk Tour de Cure as a volunteer course photographer.  I spent four hours being driven around, hanging out a car window, and cheering bikers on their fantastic journey!  I took 970 photos in those 4 hours, and I'm hoping for at least 100 usable photos.  Perhaps one of them will fulfill my "get published" goal...???

This has been a great start, thanks for the encouragement!

Hols

No comments:

Post a Comment