Monday, December 26, 2011

Bike 29 miles - DONE!

There are 5 inches of snow on the ground at the moment.  I might need to join the gym (to accomplish other goals too) to train for this.

4/22 - I still haven't been on a bike yet...EEKS!  BUT, I do have my Tour de Cure page set up, and if you'd like to make a donation towards a cure for Diabetes, please feel free to do so!

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=6619837&fr_id=8030&pg=personal


6/3/12 - It rained the WHOLE TIME.  There was a road closed due to the coast FLOODING, and so my ride went from 32.4 miles to 29.3 (I would have ridden circles in the parking lot if I didn't cross that 29 mile threshold!!!).  Water streaming down my face, rain water soaked with my feet sloshing back and forth in my sneaker with my pedaling, and a front tire spraying puddles onto my helmet - it was AWESOME.  I am so PROUD of myself for being a WARRIOR!  And I'm so proud of the other 600 warriors that showed up to ride to fight Diabetes too!!!  I reached my fundraising goal of $300!


 Me at the first rest stop: 12.87 miles into the ride!
 KP and I at Walker Point - wet faces and all!
 Ryan rode ahead of us and changed into a Tuxedo jersey, just in time to propose to KP as she crossed the finish line!  Congrats to Ryan and Kirstin!!
 I fell in love with my bike all over again after 29 miles.  I never got off my bike to "walk it" and I felt really great throughout the ride!!  My bum was MORE sore on my 20-mile ride on Friday, than it was on Sunday!  I could not wait to peel my riding gear off, I tells you what!  But I had a great time, I felt great on Sunday, and I still feel great today!  ...Although... I went home immediately and boiled a chicken and made homemade chicken stew to ward off any colds coming my way!!!

I look forward to continuing cycling through the summer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment