Monday, December 26, 2011

Visit Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket - DONE!

I have no idea how I'm going to make this happen - suggestions please!!

12/27 - Dear, sweet Dailyn has offered a possible solution!

1/2/12 - I checked out how long it would take me to get to Cape Cod ...possibly skip over to Martha's Vineyard while I'm at it...  MAP here

5/18 - Jyselle, Teal, and I got out of school early, packed up our bikes, and drove to Cape Cod.  It took us 5.5 hours to get to North Truro, but we did it!!

 Sitting in traffic trying to cross the bridge into CAPE COD!!!
We finally arrived to the campground at 8:30, set the tent up in the dark (and me in HEELS! - that's a first, too), changed into PJs, and headed to the Drive-In to see The Avengers and Hunger Games.
 At the Drive-In in Wellfleet (another goal!!)  I ate Cape Cod chips at the drive-in. 
 Highland Lighthouse in North Truro....surrounded by a golf course!
 Caution: You might shit a brick.
 Jyselle, me, and Teal at the Highland Lighthouse!
 I heart you, too.


 After leaving the Highland Lighthouse, we drove to Woods Hole to catch the ferry to Martha's Vineyard!!!  We spent 1.5 hours on the ferry (roundtrip) and 1.5 hours on the Island :)  Hey, we did it, okay?
 Very similar to Bar Harbor
 HUGE Inn on MV.  I bought my MV magnet for my car across the street...

 Back on the Ferry, with sandwiches from Bob's, and PLENTY of sunshine :)  Happy campers (literally, we camped) heading back to the mainland, then back to the Maine-land.
 Get it?  Drinking Nantucket Nectars in CapeCod/MV  I crack myself up :)

1 comment:

  1. Swing by Dracut, MA and I'll chauffeur you anywhere you wish to go! Barring that, def recommend the ferry out of Woods Hole to MV (bring your car); stay in Edgartown and drive all over the island!

    ReplyDelete