Monday, December 26, 2011

Finish 5 for-pleasure books - DONE!

1.-3. Hunger games trilogy - feels like cheating, but they were SOOOOO GOOOD!

4. The Help - I just gave it to my mom for Christmas, along with the movie.

5. I'm having a really hard time with the fifth one!!!
               I started "One Day"...one day I'll finish it...


3/18 - I'm so embarrassed to admit this, but I just read the Hunger Games for a second time, today.  I started reading when I woke up (I had started on Friday, and was only 30 pages in by this morning), gave my parents some sushi-eating instructions, drove home, read outdoors, went for a run, then read the rest of the night.  I probably could have finished my fifth book in the time I gave towards reading today...but the Hunger Games was even great the second time around.  Becky summed it up nicely: "Congratulations!  You're finally a 17 year-old girl!"  I frantically tried to find "Catching Fire" on the bookshelf, and without luck will sheepishly whittle a few pages away on my ACTUAL fifth book.  But please note that I've set a new self record: I read a book more than once!  People talk of doing this, and now I have joined their ranks.  Frankly it was a lovely day.

4/22 - So I have since finished re-reading Catching Fire as well.  BUT I'm also pleased to announce that I have finished a fifth book!  I did that "thing" again where I lost interest in the book I was reading (One Day) and was re-reading Hunger Games (I'm now on Mockingjay, FYI) but Teal lent me a book that she had just finished called Delerium.  Yes, it's a young adult novel.  Yes, it's post-apocalyptic. Yes, it's a trilogy.  It's completely silly, and entirely engaging, AND it takes place right here in Portland, ME.  It's kind of a neat concept of what the world would be like if we didn't have the capacity to love, and we were just paired up with someone who would be our partner, etc.  I didn't like the ending, so unless Teal tells me some good news from the second book, I probably won't read it.

So there you have it, another goal down!

No comments:

Post a Comment